- improved method of monitoring plum curculio populations - Pyramid traps baited with grandisoic acid and benzaldehyde allow for early detection and better timing of insecticide applications.
- improved method of control - The combination of a pre-bloom application of Rimon and a post-bloom application of Avaunt reduced larval emergence by about 50% compared with post-bloom Avaunt treatment alone.
Plant & Pest Advisory» All Fruit Articles
- High Tunnel Raspberries and Blackberries
- Commercial Blueberry Pest Control Recommendations
- Commercial Grape Pest Control Recommendations
- Commercial Mid-Atlantic Berry Guide
- Commercial Tree Fruit Production Guide
- Plant & Pest Advisory Archives
- Horticultural News
- NJ Wine Grape Resource Center
- Berry Diagnostics Tool
Plum Curculio in Blueberry: New Rimon Label to be Available for 2012
In recent years, plum curculio infestation levels have increased in NJ causing significant contamination issues in harvested fruit of early blueberry cultivars. Our research this past year has resulted in an: