Cold still grips North Jersey with 24F forecast tonight and 23F for Wednesday night followed by a slight warming trend.
The question is when will spring get here or rater when will green tip arrive on apple.
Plant & Pest Advisory» All Fruit Articles
- High Tunnel Raspberries and Blackberries
- Commercial Blueberry Pest Control Recommendations
- Commercial Grape Pest Control Recommendations
- Commercial Mid-Atlantic Berry Guide
- Commercial Tree Fruit Production Guide
- Plant & Pest Advisory Archives
- Horticultural News
- NJ Wine Grape Resource Center
- Berry Diagnostics Tool
First Scab Spray
(Re-printed from Mike Fargione's Tree Fruit Grower Alert Message - Tuesday, April 2, 2013)
The first scab spray should include a protectant fungicide such as mancozeb, captan, copper, or sulfur (if you are growing apples under organic protocol).